The St. Lawrence runs in the Harvey family’s veins, with its four generations of mariners passing down know-how about the River and its workings. Add our specialized knowledge and skills and you have a wealth of marine and tourism-sector expertise. Our goal is to offer unforgettable moments on board our renovated ship, 100% dedicated to sea and river cruises.
THE HARVEY FAMILY
THE VISITOR EXPERIENCE M/S JACQUES-CARTIER-STYLE
Voyages exploring Québec’s major navigable waterways and the Great Lakes, ranging from 5 to 10 days in length.
An active, innovative approach offering dynamic activities combining hiking, respectful, harmonious observation of wildlife and plant life, visits to historical sites and communities. When possible, passengers will travel in zodiacs and/or kayaks launched right off the ship to reach the sites in question or to discover the St. Lawrence accompanied by seasoned guides. Exciting, original experiences guaranteed!
On board ship, relaxing, entertaining activities will be offered on a range of subjects (introductory workshops, awareness-raising presentations, a personalized approach based on health and well-being, culinary adventures featuring regional products, an area for relaxation and contemplation). New and tested-and-true pastimes, organized around a variety of themes and supported by input from specialists, will spark passengers’ interest.
All in all, a comprehensive, engaging experience both on board and on-site to enable you to view, learn about, navigate and familiarize yourself with the St. Lawrence.
OUR APPROACH REFLECTS OUR VALUES
- Discover the St. Lawrence’s natural treasures and cultural diversity in a warm, authentic family atmosphere on our environment-friendly cruises.
- Navigate carefully in ecologically-sensitive locations, seeking to minimize our impact on nature and wildlife.
- Respect the sites visited and maintain close relations with our host communities, by endeavouring to minimize our “visitor’s” footprint.
- Educate others to respect the environment by implementing best-practice rules.
- Enjoy adventure, defined as “a series of activities and experiences entailing risks and novelty, all in a profoundly human setting”.
THE M/S JACQUES-CARTIER, AN ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY CRUISE SHIP
- Wastewater treatment system
- State-of-the-art, high-energy-efficiency systems
- Green policy for washing sheets and towels
- Trash compactors and systematic waste sorting
- LED lighting to promote energy efficiency
AN APPROACH CENTRED ON WELL-BEING
Our approach centred on comfort and well-being invites relaxation and contemplation in genuine harmony with our natural surroundings.